Talon Upgrades Point-of-Use Medication Storage Cabinets to Enhance Accessibility and Reduce Cost
July 12, 2018 | by Brian Shoenfeld
Talon is committed to continually improving the value we provide through our products to best serve the needs of acute care facilities, hospitals, and clinics. This year, we rolled out updates to our MedCab™ product line to enhance accessibility and reduce the cost of ownership.
Which Medical Cabinets Were Updated?
The specific cabinets that we updated are:
- Pass-Through Medication Dispensing Cabinet
- Recessed Point-of-Use Medication Dispensing Cabinet
- Point-of-Use Medication Dispensing Cabinet
All three models continue to use our MedKey Lite software for secure user access control, user access audit trails, and central user management.
What Enhancements Were Made to Improve Usability?
Talon is committed to providing high-quality equipment. While already reliable products, we redesigned these cabinets to also included various reliability improvements.
– All pass-through cabinet models now use an RFID proximity card to enhance user accessibility.
– The redesigned cabinets now allow for the use of a single POE (Power Over Ethernet) line into the cabinet, which saves installation cost compared to the previous model that required two POE lines.
– For point-of-use medication dispensing cabinets, we supplemented the LCD touchscreen access control to include RFID proximity card capabilities to improve the user access experience.
Contact Talon to Discuss How Our Cabinets Can Improve Your Medication Administration Workflow
Talon continually reviews the capabilities and features of our products to ensure that we are meeting the ever-changing needs of hospitals and facilities. Our goal is the same as yours to optimize workflows and create secure medication management to serve patients best today and into the future.
Contact our team today to discuss how our enhanced medical cabinets fit in your hospital or facility.
About the Author
Brian joined Talon in 2014 and brought with him a proven track record for project managing, product development, and increasing operational efficiency. Using his knowledge of STEM, business prowess, and healthcare experience, Brian leads Talon’s operational improvements to create better products and improved customer service. When he’s not in the office, Brian spends time with his wife and two sons and cheers on Syracuse.